SUBWAY® restaurants of the Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek and surrounding areas just kicked off the Playin’ Safe campaign, which encourages and rewards kids for making safe choices throughout the summer.
Here are some quick safety statistics (from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention):
- Accidental injury is the number one cause of death among children ages 19 and under in the U.S.
- Each year, one out of every four children needs medical attention for an accidental injury.
- Injuries due to transportation were the leading cause of death for children.
- Drowning ranks fifth among the leading causes of unintentional injury death in the U.S. States.
- For every child who dies from drowning, another five receive emergency department care for nonfatal submersion injuries.
Kids observed making safe choices such as crossing the street in a cross walk, wearing protective gear while riding a bike or learning how to swim safely will be given a safety citation by local law enforcement.
It’s nice to be rewarded for making safe choices.
***To enter to win one of ten $5 Subway gift cards, leave a comment on this post sharing how your family stays safe during the Summer months.
*This contest will close on July 30, 2012 and winners will be notified via email. No purchase necessary to enter the contest. You are providing your information to adventuremomblog.com only. The information you provide will only be used to enter the contest and notify winners. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age and reside in Michigan. Only one entry per household. Entrants may also enter the contest by sending an email to contests at firstname.lastname@example.org containing their name, address, phone number and email address along with the words: Subway Playin’ Safe in the subject line. Adventure mom blog’s liability is limited to the value of the prize.
I received Subway gift cards for my participation, but all opinions are my own.