Color Runs are a lot of fun and these tips will help you have an even more awesome 1st time experience.
1. Wear as many articles of clothing that are white or neon as possible
Also, decide if you want to dress in a theme with your friends or family and if given the option to wear a tutu, always wear a tutu.
2. Decide if you will be wearing your race t shirt during your run
I personally prefer to keep the t shirt to wear for later. We tend to buy cheap white tank tops for races. It’s also best to pick up your items the day before the race so that you can avoid long lines and don’t have to carry a lot of items back to your vehicle before the race begins.
3. Get a before and after shot
4. Coat your hair and face with color just because you can
5. Bring a ziploc bag or waterproof case if you plan on bringing your phone with you during the race, otherwise you might want to bribe someone to take pictures for you
(I used a DryCase for my race)
6. Have a plan of where to meet in case you get separated from each other during the race
I have run a few of these types of races now and we have gotten temporarily separated from our group a few times. It’s good to have a plan in place or your race experience will not be as fun.
7. If you have sensitive eyes, wear sunglasses to keep the color out of your eyes
8. Pack extra clothes
There is a good chance that you might not want to ride home covered head to toe in colored chalk.
9. Bring garbage bags or towels to cover your car seats
Trust me, you don’t want you car to be covered in colored dust. Baby wipes are also really helpful to remove the chalk.
10. Remember that no cares whether you choose to run, jog, slog (slow jog) or walk during your race- Fun Runs are a judgement free zone
11. Celebrate in the color tosses at the end of the race!
Remember that a fun run is just that..FUN! So don’t take it too seriously. If you wanted a serious competitive race, you should have signed up for one. Just enjoy making memories by running through a rainbow of color.
12. Wash your shoes and clothes as soon as you get home
My tanks tops always keep some of the color but my shoes and shorts have always had the color come out pretty easily.
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.