It’s that time of year again. Back to School shopping can be stressful and expensive. Use these 12 tips to save your sanity and your budget.
I’ve stayed at several Great Wolf Lodge locations and I wanted to share some things that you probably didn’t know about Great Wolf Lodge that will make your visit even better.
When you break a bone, life doesn’t slow down just because you have to. That can be a little tricky when it comes to travel.
Thinking about running in a glow run?
We had a lot of fun at our very 1st glow run with the Neon Vibe 5K and we’ve enjoyed a few more since then which is why I’ve created a list of a few tips to have the best glow run experience possible.
1. Wear as much white or neon clothes as possible to maximize your glow
2. Find extra fun glow accessories
You will get some with your race, but to really stand out, look for some creative accessories online or you can stock up at a local dollar store.
3. Get a before and after shot
4. Coat your hair and face with color just because you can
5. Bring a ziploc bag or waterproof case if you plan on bringing your phone with you during the race otherwise you might want to bribe someone to take pictures for you
6. Have a plan of where to meet in case you get separated from each other during the race
I have run a few of these types of races now and we have gotten temporarily separated from our group a few times. It’s good to have a plan in place or your race experience will not be as fun.
7. If you have sensitive eyes, wear sunglasses to keep the color out of your eyes
8. Pack extra clothes
There is a good chance that you might not want to ride home covered head to toe in colored chalk.
9. Bring garbage bags or towels to cover your car seats
Trust me, you don’t want you car to be covered in colored dust.
10. Keep in mind that not everyone can rock a full covered neon body suit, but this event is all about fun, so who cares!!! Just be prepared to dance!
11. Have Fun!
Remember that a fun run is just that..FUN! So don’t take it too seriously. If you wanted a serious competitive race, you should have signed up for one. Just enjoy making memories by running through a rainbow of color in the dark.
You can find more racing tips below
Pin it for later >>
As I reflected on my 2013 adventure list goals, I noticed that there were a lot of adventures still left on my list by the end of the year…and that’s ok. What I love is that when given the opportunity to cross something off my list, I took it. There are so many moments that are once in a lifetime that you can only experience if you take action, that moment, that time, that place.
If you have been a reader of mine for a while, you know that a big motivation for me to live to the fullest is because of the death of my brother and mother. (“Why Death has made me want to live”)
A conversation with my mom on her death bed has also fueled me. You have to understand that she was full of life but the circumstances of taking care of my brother for years, all four of my grandparents at various points in time and her own cancer chipped away from her time and zest a bit.
During my mom’s final months, she began painting again. She was an incredible artist but she had a new challenge. Her right arm had cancer in her bones which made tasks extremely painful. So she took up painting with her left hand. Her paintings created by her left hand displayed more talent than I’ll ever know. In her final weeks, she shared her talent and her prayers with those she came in contact with.