An FC Cincinnati match is one of the most exciting sports to watch in Cincinnati.
There is such great energy from the crowd and you don’t have to be a big soccer fan to have a great time at an MLS ( Major League Soccer) match.
I’m sharing more about what you need to know before you attend an FC Cincinnati Match at TQL Stadium.
Thanks again to Visit Las Vegas for hosting our visit. This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase something we have recommended.
How Early Should You Arrive Before the Match Starts?
I would recommend getting downtown several hours before the match starts so that you have plenty of time to find parking & grab a bite to eat.
Keep in mind that restaurants and bars are extra busy on match days.
Places to Eat Near the FC Stadium (TQL Stadium)
If you are looking for a family-friendly spot to grab a meal on the go before the match, try CityBird Tenders on 1344 Vine St and carry your meal to Washington Park.
This is a quick-service restaurant and there isn’t much seating in the small space. Save time in line by ordering ahead online.
I LOVE their lemon thyme ranch sauce for fries & their chicken tenders made without antibiotics. Their lemonade & tea are so good and worth the extra money.
Other Great Places to Eat Near TQL Stadium
You honestly can’t go wrong with anything on Vine St.
- The Eagle – (Fried Chicken and Southern Sides) 1342 Vine St., Cincinnati
- Taste of Belgium OTR (Authentic Liege-style waffles)- 1135 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH
- Bakersfield – (Tacos, Tequila, and Whiskey)n 1213 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH
- Pontiac OTR – (BBQ and Bourbon Bar) 1403 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH
Breweries and Places to Grab a Drink Near TQL Stadium
- Northern Row Brewing and Distillery – 111 W McMicken Ave, Cincinnati
- Rhinegeist Brewery – 1910 Elm St, Cincinnati
- The Pitch – 1430 Central Pkwy, Cincinnati
- Queen City Radio – 222 W 12th St, Cincinnati
- Sam Adams Taproom– 1727 Logan St, Cincinnati
- Taft’s Ale House – 1429 Race St, Cincinnati, OH
1230 Elm St, Cincinnati, OH
Washington Park has a lot of free family-friendly activities several hours before each FC Cincinnati home match.
Elm Street will have food trucks and The Porch has beer, wine, hard seltzer, and drink specials for purchase.
You can follow the Washington Park Facebook Page for updates on individual pre-match updates, themes, and highlights!
Food trucks are parked on Elm Street and The Porch at the park is open serving beer, wine, hard seltzer, and drink specials.
Attend the Pre-Match Parade
The pre-match parade starts at Northern Row Brewery & Distillery around 90 minutes before kickoff and joins fans at Findlay Market on Pleasant Street.
Northern Row is located at 111 W McMicken Ave, Cincinnati.
Around 20 minutes before the match starts, you can join the parade at Washington Park and walk with other fans to the stadium together.
Follow the Incline Collective on Twitter for updates on the parade route and specific times.
It’s a short walk from Washington Park to the TQL Stadium and it’s a really cool experience that helps get you hyped for the match.
The crowd gathers together for a pep talk and final cheer before entering the stadium.
FC Cincinnati Fans are Encouraged to Arrive at the Stadium by 7pm for night games
An earlier arrival by FC Cincinnati fans helps to create an incredible atmosphere before the match starts.
What Can You Bring Into the TQL Stadium for an FC Cincinnati Match
You can bring the following types of bags into the stadium
- Clear bags 12″ X 6″ X 12″
- Small clutch/ bag 4.5″ X 6.5″
- 1 Gallon Clear Freezer Bag
Parking for an FC Cincinnati Game
Parking is tricky on match day. We ended up at the 3CDC parking garage off of Central attached to the downtown Kroger On the Rhine. Parking was easy to find in the garage but we waited a long time to get out of the garage after the game.
Make sure that you take a picture of your parking garage level and any other numbers that help you find it quickly when you return to the garage.
Parking Garages For an FC Cincinnati Match
- East Garage – Located off Central Parkway on the East side of TQL Stadium
- West Surface Lot -Entrance is located off John Street on the SW side of TQL Stadium
- West End Garage -1530 John Street, Cincinnati, OH
- Ada Parking at Town Center Garage
- Town Center Garage – 1223 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Mercer Commons Garage -5 Mercer St, Cincinnati, OH
- Parkhaus – 1123 Sycamore St, Cincinnati, OH
- 84.51 Degree Garage -521 Race St, Cincinnati, OH
- 222 West 7th Street Garage
- 1 West 7th Street Garage
If you can find a small paid lot you can probably get out quicker.
Or just take your time and grab a drink or snack at a restaurant, or relax at Washington Park afterward. Washington Park is really beautiful at night with colorful fountains and string lights hanging from the gazebo.
Concession at the FC Cincinnati Game at TQL Stadium
If you skip the parade you can check out all the concession options before the lines get long. The stadium is cash-free to help reduce time in line.
TQL Stadium has 14 concession stands, 2 grab-and-go markets, and 25 portable carts located throughout.
Packaged and draft beer will be available on the concourse at the Heineken Supporters Bar, Coors Light Bar, and Rhinegeist bar.
Find Concessions by Section Number at TQ Stadium
You can find your favorite food or drink vendor listed by section number listed below.
- 102 – Pretzel and Popcorn Cart
- 103– LaRosa’s Pizza, Vizzy Grab n’ Go Market
- 104 – Rhine Roost
- 105 – Cutwater Canned Cocktails
- 106 – Gomez Tacos
- 107– AJ’s Philly Cheesesteaks, Sway Canned Cocktails, and Draft Beer
- 108– Heineken Draft Bar, Rhinegeist Draft Beer
- 109 – Lucius Q
- 110– Pretzel and Popcorn Cart, Cutwater Canned Cocktails
- 111 – Coors Light Bar
- 112 – Beer Cart, Frisch’s
- 114 – Smokehaus
- 115 – SuperBook Marketplace (Early May)
- 123 – Samuel Adams Grab n’ Go Market
- 124 – Queen City Eats
- 126 – Buffalo Wings n’ Rings, Specialty Pretzel Cart
- 127 – Fretboard Grab n’ Go Market
- 128 – Skyline Chili
- 129 – LaRosa’s Pizza, Sway Canned Cocktails
- 130 – Queen City Eats, Fretboard Grab n’ Go Market
- 131 – Rhinegeist Bar
- 132 – Grippo’s Grab n’ Go Market
- 134 – Funnel Cake Cart, TQL Bar
For a fast concession option during the half, go to the Platform Market. We grabbed drinks & popcorn and were back to our seats before the second half started.
We didn’t want to risk missing a goal in a concession line during the game.
The Bailey Section is Also Fun to Watch During the Match
This super fan section isn’t for the faint of heart. They have endurance and stamina with ample lung capacity, colorful smoke bombs, flags, and constant cheers the whole entire match.
Also, be prepared to stand the whole match if you choose to sit in this section.
Why Do They Wear Scarves at FC Cincinnati?
The scarves have a dual purpose. In the colder months, they are used for their obvious purpose to keep you warm. Fans also hold their scarves up to welcome their team to “the pitch,” AKA playing surface.
The Match Could End in a Tie
A match that ends in a tie may seem odd if you are newer to watching Major League Soccer. That one threw me off because I’m used to seeing a determined winner for other professional sports.
Even if you aren’t a big sports fan, an FC Cincinnati match is an experience worth adding to your list!
How to Purchase FC Cincinnati Tickets
Where is the TQL Stadium Located?
The TQL Stadium is located at 1501 Central Pkwy, Cincinnati, OH.
Need to Book a Stay in Cincinnati?
You can compare prices for hotels and vacation rentals nearby using the interactive map above.
Zoom in and out on the map to choose your desired proximity to TQL stadium.
Where to Find FC Cincinnati Gear
Looking for FC Cincinnati gear before you go?
Locally you can find FC Cincinnati at Homage located at 1232 Vine St, Cincinnati, OH
You can also find an assortment of FC Cincinnati-themed gear on Amazon.
Looking for More Things to Do in Cincinnati?
Check out my article about Cincinnati’s Best hidden gems and Unique Things to do.