I love to go to the Krohn Conservatory’s Butterfly Show every year but this year’s theme might be my favorite. Why???
There are lots of reasons! This year’s theme “Butterflies of the Caribbean” takes you to a creative underwater world that everyone will enjoy.
I’m sharing 10 reasons why I loved this year’s theme and why I think you will love it too!
1. I just got back from the Dominican Republic a few weeks ago and the Caribbean has a special place in my heart so of course I’m loving the Caribbean theme. You can learn more about the butterflies that are native to each island before you enter the butterfly area.
2. The coral created for this show is INCREDIBLE and absolutely gorgeous! The more you look at it, the more you will see the meticulous detail that the Krohn volunteers worked so hard to achieve.
3. The creative octopus made with bottle caps! This just makes me smile.
4. The Krohn is so bright and cheery with so many details that remind you of the ocean. A welcomed sign of warmer weather to come!
5. The other recycled touches like the 2 liter fish and the jelly fish made with 2 liters and grocery bags.
6. The nice seating area available with snacks for purchase before you visit the butterflies.
7. The new display area for the bonsai trees. I feel like this room really calls attention to a display that could easily be overlooked in it’s old location.
8. The port holes with fish as you leave are another nice detail.
9. The ship backdrop and the steering wheel make for great photo opps.
10. And of course the butterflies!!!!!
The Butterflies of the Caribbean show will be from March 26- June 19
(open daily 10-5)
You can find out more about special activities and events from the Krohn Conservatory website.
The Krohn Conservatory is located at 1501 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati.