As a mom of two boys in sports year-round, I have a lot of experience on the sideline.
If you are going to spend a lot of time on the sidelines cheering on your kids, you might as well make the most of it and be comfortable while you are doing it.
This article contains affiliate links.
I’m sharing products that will help make your life a little easier while you are cheering on your loved one.
1. Relax in Comfort on a Foldable Stadium Chair
When you spend HOURS on the bleachers, a comfortable bleacher seat is definitely essential.
After spending years on the bleachers I started to notice a newer type of foldable stadium chair that some of the other parents had.
After trying out one of theirs, I didn’t want to go back to mine!
The Extra Wide Foldable Stadium Chair for Bleachers from Smart Ideas for Life has everything you didn’t know you needed. It comes with a carry bag and also has straps if you prefer to carry it like a backpack.
It’s water-resistant, has thick padding, 2 drink holders, and a zipped pocket (Black or Blue in X-Large, Large).
2. Protect Yourself From the Elements With A Giant Umbrella
During an outdoor game, you are exposed to all of the elements and seasons…sometimes you even experience all of them in one week if you live in the Midwest.
At the end of summer, the temperatures are still warm and you could be spending hours in direct sun.
The beauty of a “Sport-brella” or “Super- brella” is that you are protected from BOTH the sun AND the rain….or snow thanks to the extra coverage with the side flaps.
3. Stay Connected with a Portable Battery Charger
Another essential on the sideline is a portable battery charger. You can keep your phone charged and not miss a moment to take pictures or video from your phone.
I’ve found two great options from Mycharge
HubMax 10050 mAh External Battery Pack | Wall Charger Foldable Plug | Built-in Cables (Apple iPhone Charger Lightning Cable and Android Samsung Micro USB Cable)
- PORTABLE CHARGER WITH BUILT IN CABLES: myCharge wants to help you ditch the charging cables! With the HubMax portable battery charger, devices plug directly into the power pack for 10050 mAh / 3.4A shared output and up to 6x cell phone battery backup
- ALL-IN-ONE POWER BANK: The best portable phone charger for the backup needed to stay powered anytime, anywhere – the foldable wall plug functions as a wall charger adapter, and also recharges the powerbank simultaneously (Recharge = 4.6 hours)
- SMALL SIZE, FAST CHARGE: An immense amount of power and travel safe convenience is contained in something no larger than a deck of cards – this slim external battery charger will charge your cell phone 3x faster than the original Apple iPhone charger cube
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: Give the gift of power and share a cord with family, friends, coworkers, or even a stranger! Apple MFI Certified Lightning & Micro USB Cables are case compatible and work with most devices, and a USB port for external connections
myCharge AdventureMax Portable Charger
10500mAh Rugged External Battery Pack with Built-in Carabiner Clip and Dual USB Ports for Smartphones, Tablets and USB Devices (iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy) splash-proof, drop-resistant and dirt-proof.
4. Stay Warm and Dry with a Picnic Blanket Tote
I like that this “ONIVA” Outdoor Picnic Blanket Tote by Picnic Time, can fold small and serve a double purpose.
The fleece side can help keep your legs warm and the water-resistant side can help you repel the rain.
The travel blanket folds up neatly into a small 13 by 10 by 4-inch tote with a zippered pocket on the flap.
5. Support Your Local Team with Unique Spirit Wear
Show your team spirit by sporting your home teams colors and team sport with earrings from a local student entrepreneur.
The Playful Pumpkin was started by a student who wanted to earn money for dance camp by creating leather earrings.
The business has expanded into a family business with more style and materials due to its popularity.
To see the newest uploads make sure that you also like her Facebook Page The Playful Pumpkin.
Save this article for later. Pin the image below>>
1 thought on “5 Essentials for Sports Parents on the Sidelines”
I agree that a comfortable chair would be nice to have during a long game. My son will sometimes play several games a day, and it can be a bit straining to sit on the ground or stand all day. I should take a look into getting a chair that I could take with me when I go to his games so I can enjoy them more.