West Michigan has a lot to offer when it comes to adventure. I’m sharing 7 adventures that you will want to add to your list to try during your next visit.
1. Take a ride on a Tall Ship in South Haven
Learn about what is was like to be the crew on a tall ship and make sure that you volunteer to help steer when the opportunity arises during your tour.
2. Sleep Overnight in a Submarine at the USS Silversides Submarine Museum in Muskegon
An overnight in a submarine is a once in a lifetime experience. The close quarters definitely give you a new appreciation for our servicemen.
3. Take a Dune Ride in Saugatuck
This experience is like riding a roller coaster on the sand. It’s impossible not to smile on this adventure.
4. Try the Luge Summer Track in Muskegon (read more about it here)
You don’t have to wait for winter to try the luge. The summer luge track at Muskegon Winter Sports Complex allows you to get the thrills without the chills.
5. Take a Sunset Cruise in Saugatuck
This is a great way to end your day. The sunset views on Lake Michigan are gorgeous!
6. Try Paddle boarding with SUP rental from Wet Mitton Surf Shop or MAC kite
Enjoy a relaxing pace as you paddle on the lake or if the waves increase, you can try turning your paddleboard into a surfboard.
7. Attend a Rodeo at Double JJ Ranch
Double JJ Ranch offers a lot of activities on site besides the rodeo. You can enjoy their outdoor pool complex, indoor waterpark, camping and lodging facilities, horseback riding, petting zoo and more with a variety of activities offered daily.
I’ve tried all of the adventures listed above and would strongly recommend them. Each one was a memorable experience that I enjoyed with my family.
Have you tried any on the list?
What should I add for my next Michigan adventure?