Slide the City is a fun event that gives participants the opportunity to waterslide on city streets. My son and I had such a fun time at the event but I wish I would have known a few things before we went.
1. If you have a triple or unlimited ticket, you get to keep your tube. It also needs to be inflated. I assumed that we were borrowing tubes but we got our own souvenir. There was a non profit filling up tubes for a donation at our event. I’m not sure if they do that in every city. I wish I knew that prior because I would have brought money.
2. You will receive a drawstring bag with your uninflated tube, tattoo, and mouthguard. You don’t really need the mouthguard or the bag. You will either need to go back to your vehicle to drop off the stuff, have someone hold it, or tube while wearing it.
3. If you bring your phone, make sure that you have a waterproof case. Don’t risk getting your phone wet because you will get wet.
4. Have a plan for your vehicle key.I put my vehicle key in my waterproof bag. You could also tie it to a string or strap on your swimsuit.
5. Wear flip flops or sandals. You will still be standing on a street before it’s your turn to tube.
6. If you are body conscious, wear running shorts and an athletic material tank over your swimsuit. Cotton doesn’t do as well when it gets wet and there are lots of people taking pictures and video. I decided to err on the side of caution in case my swimsuit had a malfunction.
7. Try to get as much speed as you can in the beginning. There are volunteers to help give you a push if you need it but it’s way more fun when you are going fast.
8. If you are debating on which type of ticket to get, I recommend the unlimited if you can purchase your ticket early while the prices are lower. My 2nd place option would be the triple slider. (full disclosure- a friend gave us triple slider tickets) If you have a single slide ticket, you still have to bring your own tube which is a pain. I feel like only going down the slide one time would be a disappointment because you would want to go more. The triple slide ticket was fun but our three slides down went fast and we definitely would have gone down more if we had the option.
9. Allow for enough time to park and check in before your scheduled time slot starts.
10. Leave your towels in the car. It’s easier to not have to keep track of them at the event.
11. Have Fun!
You can find out more about Slide the City from their website.