Have you ever shot a bow and arrow before?
The Hunger Games movie has brought back an increased interest in archery. I’ll admit that I’ve been tempted to sport a side braid and wanted to go shoot a few targets after watching the movie. I guess I’m not alone because USA Archery has doubled its individual membership in just two years thanks to the movie’s popularity in showcasing the sport.
Archery is a great sport that builds confidence and gives opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors. In our digital age, it’s nice to have reasons to unplug and spend time together outside.
If you don’t know much about selecting a bow it can be intimating to try to pick out the right one. Here are a few reasons why the Genesis Archery Bow makes a great gift.
1. Kids can’t outgrow it because there is no specific draw length. Kids can start as young as 5 years old.
2. It’s simple to buy – no need to measure and fit for draw length. This takes out the guessing for your purchase.
3. It’s easy to shoot – because the draw length is always right, the beginning archer won’t develop bad habits caused by an ill-fitting bow. It also has adjustable draw weight of 10-20 pounds.
4. Great for families – everyone can shoot the same bow. This is also a cost savings.
5. Perfect for schools, clubs and organizations
6. Built to last – durable and tough. Spending a little more upfront is worth it when you don’t have to replace it as often.
7. Archery is safer than any ball-based sport for kids with less injures reported.
8. Archery is a great sport that builds confidence and gives opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
9. It’s a gender neutral sport that is great for boys or girls.
10. Archery can improve students’ confidence and focus which can help them with other areas of their life which include school.
Here is more about Genesis Archery
Genesis designs, engineers and builds the world’s most innovative and easy-to-master compound bow products in America to help kids of every age, size and skill level experience the hands-on thrill of shooting, training and competing to win.
The company was founded in 2001 and helped launch the National Archery in Schools Program (NASP®), with the Original Genesis™ serving as the only bow approved for NASP participation. (NASP is now taught in more than 11,000 schools within 47 states and 8 different countries.)
The Genesis bow is unique in that it features “zero let-off”, which means it is non-draw length specific so that anyone – no matter their size – can shoot it. Its revolutionary single-cam technology provides shooters with a large amount of energy, yet is incredibly accurate, light weight, quiet, produces very little recoil and is just plain fun to shoot.
Physical archery techniques hone focus, teach discipline and instill character and build the heart of a champion – life skills credited by third-party educators and researchers with improving academic performance, decreasing drop-out rates and preparing youth for future success in their careers and communities.
Genesis inspires parents and kids to live an archery lifestyle together, helping them create lifelong memories and enduring bonds with friends, families and coaches.
Genesis and the Bulls I Did It! Program
Genesis has created innovative and easy-to-master bow and arrow products that help kids of every age, size and skill level experience the hands-on thrill of shooting, training and competing to win. As part of its Bulls I Did It! Program, Genesis strives to help parents release the hero within their child by letting them discover their natural talents and unlock their unique potential through archery.
The company’s newest feature is Build-a-Bow, which lets you create a custom look. In addition, Genesis sponsors competitions and public demonstrations across the country, and inspires parents and kids to live an archery lifestyle together.
Genesis bow and arrow products are sold at independent archery dealers, as well as in specialty outdoor stores.
- Genesis mini $169
- Genesis mini kit $219
- Original Genesis $169
- Original genesis kit $219
- Genesis Pro $199 (Does not come in kit currently)
- Build A Bow $199
The Original Genesis™ is also available as part of a complete archery kit, which includes a color matched durable vinyl tub quiver and arm guard adjustable Velcro straps and five aluminum target arrows made specifically for use with the Genesis bow.
Genesis Bows can be found at over 2301 retailers all around the country. Click here to find a retailer near you.
You can connect with Genesis Archery on the Web
Facebook: Genesis Archery
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation. All opinions are my own.