Summer is the perfect time to plan a roadtrip and create memories with your family. Whether it’s a daytrip or a weekend getaway, COSI in Columbus is a great destination for families.
I’ve taken my boys to COSI several times over the years and there is always something new to discover during each visit.
1. There is something offered for ALL ages
COSI does a great job of creating interactive exhibits and areas geared toward a wide range of ages. It’s even fun for the adults! For younger kids, there is an additional special play area designed for kids 1st grade and younger. Older siblings can play at the Big KidLab adjacent to the Little Kidspace. Teenagers will find lots of exhibits that peek their interest too, which makes every family member happy.
2. Science is made FUN!
As a kid, science was my least favorite subject and I wish COSI would have been around then, because they make science interesting and show that science can be really fun. You can take it to the extreme riding a unicycle two stories up, explore water at Ocean, and watch rat basketball, to name a few of the endless exploration options in the 320,000 sq. ft of floor space with ten major exhibition areas.
3. Options in any weather condition
As much as I love summer weather, sometimes it’s nice to escape the high temperatures and humidity in cool air conditioning. Visiting a museum is also a perfect way to avoid a bad weather day. During good weather, kids will love playing in the outdoor space called Big Science Park.
4. You will run out of time before you run out of fun!
An admission ticket to COSI offers unlimited hours of fun and exploration. I would recommend planning enough time in your schedule to spend most of your day there. Grab a daily schedule to make sure that you don’t miss a thing and if you get hungry during your visit, you have lots of options including playfully displayed healthy alternatives at the Bean Sprouts Cafe.
5. There are lots of Special Events All Summer Long
COSI Camp, Adult Programs, and COSI’s Cosmic Summer themed adventures May 27th – September 4th where you can gather your crew and explore space through the eyes of an astronaut with 3 different adventures.
- NEW Limited-Time Exhibition: Be the Astronaut: Explore space and the challenge and exhilaration of spaceflight as virtual crew members guide you through interactive missions flying spaceships, piloting landers, and driving rovers. (Free with admission)
- NEW Giant Screen Film: Journey to Space 3D (Additional ticket required)
- NEW Planetarium Show: Asteroid Mission Extreme (Additional ticket required)
I’ve been given a family four pack of tickets to giveaway to COSI
You can find out more about COSI from their website.
COSI is located at 333 West Broad St., Columbus, OH
Thanks again to COSI for sponsoring this post and giveaway!