If you are looking for a great dining experience with friends or family, Hofbrauhaus Newport has you covered.
Located directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati, Ohio, you will find a large selection of German beers and Bavarian-style cuisine.
1. It has Bragging Rights as the First Hofbrauhaus in America
Modeled after the 400+-year-old Hofbräuhaus in Munich, Germany, the Hofbrauhaus Newport location in Northern Kentucky is the first authentic Hofbräuhaus in America.
There are more locations throughout the states now, but they can’t say they were the first!
2. Hofbrahaus has Great German Food
Who doesn’t love a giant pretzel served with “Obatzda” cheese, signature bier cheese, and sweet Bavarian mustard???!!!
Hofbräuhaus Newport also has plenty of Bavarian-style menu items to choose from. A few of my favorites are the Pretzel Sandwich, Black and Bleu Steak Salad, Dunkel Bourbon Chicken, and the Bauern Schnitzel.
Sausage lovers will definitely want to try the Wurstplate with grilled bierwurst, bratwurst, and frankfurter served with mashed potatoes and imported sauerkraut.
3. Hofbrauhaus Newport has Plenty of Room for Your Friends…..Along with Plenty of Room for a Few New Ones
Perfect for large gatherings with friends or family, Hofbauhaus Newport has Bavarian Style tables inside and outside making it easier than the average restaurant to accommodate a large seating request.
The Bier Garden can seat 400 guests, the Inside Hall can seat 230 and you can enjoy a quieter dining experience in the Dining Hall which can seat up to 125.
We opted for The Bier Garden as the dining location for my husband’s 40th birthday dinner because it was so easy to accommodate a large group of family and friends in a family-friendly environment outside.
If you have more than 15 in your party it’s recommended that you make a reservation Sunday- Thursday. Hofbräuhaus does take reservations daily for large private groups.
4. Celebrate the Seasons Each Month at Hofbauhaus Newport
On the last Wednesday of each month at 7pm Hofbauhaus Newport has a ceremonial keg tapping parade where you also get a sample of their newest bier.
If you to try several flavors during a visit, opt for a flight of beer so that you can discover your favorites.
5. Hold my Beer…Stein (Hofbauhaus Newport has Stein Lockers)
If you are a die-hard fan, you can even rent a locker for one year for your HB Ceramic Stein as part of the Stein Master Club Membership.
The membership includes:
- Lock with two keys
- HB Ceramic Stein (1 liter)
- 2 Dinner Cards good for a free entrée of your choice up to a $10.00 value each
- 10% discount off merchandise in our gift shop
- Free Birthday Draft (1/2 Liter)
- $1.00 off Drafts all day (excluding happy hour) Renewal is required to continue membership every year beginning June 1st.
You can call for more info on availability and to learn more about the Stein Master Club Membership Rules.
6. It’s OK if you don’t like beer – Hofbauhaus Newport Has More Than Beer to Drink
There are still plenty of beverage options beyond beer including wines, spirits, and non-alcoholic options.
I’m personally not a huge fan of beer…I know, I know…. but my husband does and I did really enjoy a Kentucky Mule.
7. Live Polka at Hofbauhaus Newport
It’s hard to be in a grumpy mood when you hear polka music and you can enjoy live music 7 days a week. Seriously, just go with it and enjoy!
8. Once a Month Kids Eat FREE at Hofbauhaus Newport!
Kids eat free with the purchase of an adult entree on the second Tuesday of every month.
9. Hofbrau Happy Hour
From 3-6 Monday- Friday you can enjoy these drink specials.
$3 1/2 Liters of our Lager, Weiss or Dunkel
$3 House wines
More Information on Hofbauhaus Newport
You can find out more from the Hofbräuhaus Newport website.
Thanks again to Hofbräuhaus Newport for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Save this post for later. Pin the image below>>