My family tends to be pretty competitive year round, especially when it comes to college basketball tournament time every March. Each of us fills out a tournament bracket and then we determine what the prize is for the family member who gets the most correct. A big part of watching the basketball games is also enjoying the snacks. I like to keep things simple and I have some ideas that are easy for you to implement.
The Ingredient Inspiration
Kroger sent me some of their brand items as a base to start with. I created a super easy queso dip and basketball themed cookies….because who doesn’t love queso and cookies???!!! I like recipes that are EASY and that are also affordable.
Super Easy Queso Dip
When I say easy, I mean easy. You literally just place the following ingredients into a slow cooker on low and call it good…and the outcome is delicious.
- 1 Kroger Nice’n Cheesy – Cheese Spread 32oz. (Cut into squares)
- 1 Jar of Private Selection Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 Can of Kroger Diced Jalapeno (drained)
- 1 Can Kroger Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 Can of Kroger Premium Chicken Breast (drained)
- 1 Can of Simple Truth Organic Black Beans (drained)
- 1 Bag Private Selection Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
Basketball Frosted Cookies
- 1 Pack of Simple Truth Chocolate Creme Sandwiches
- 1 Container of Kroger Vanilla frosting
- 1 Tube of Black Decorating Icing
- 1 Pack of Betty Crocker Decorating Tips (if you don’t already have them)
- 1 Pack of food coloring containing the colors red and yellow
Melt the frosting in the microwave. Add red and yellow food coloring until you reach your desired color of orange. Dip chocolate sandwich cookies. Place on a plate or on wax paper and place inside the freezer to cool. Add two arches and a straight line in the middle with the decorative icing on the cookies.
Our family may not agree on the tournament bracket outcome but at least we can all agree on the snacks!
Thanks again to Kroger for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Save it for later. Pin the image below>>