I look forward to the butterfly show at the Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati every year. The butterfly exhibit takes us from spring to summer with a gorgeous array of butterflies and flowers.
I had the opportunity to preview the show and learn tips to make the most out of your experience.
How to make the most out of your visit
- Carry around the scratch and sniff landing cards scented with jasmine provided by the Krohn.
- Remember that butterflies rest with their wings closed.
- The flowers will bloom over the course of the show. Purchase a butterfly pin if you plan on visiting more than once.
- Be on the lookout for butterfly releases throughout the show.
- Don’t forget your camera!
How can you attract a butterfly to your landing pad?
- Wear bright colors to attract butterflies.
- Visit on a hot day. Butterflies like the salt in your sweat.
- Start at front end of the butterfly and encourage them to walk forward onto your landing pad.
- Remember that you should not touch their wings!
When is the best time to visit?
- Late Monday and Tuesdays between 3-5 pm tend to have the lightest crowds
- Weekends are the busiest with longer lines.
- The butterflies are more active on hot, sunny days.
- Overcast days are great for photographers.
- Flowers will be blooming over the course of the show.
- Special events offer smaller groups and unique experiences to encounter the butterflies.
- The best value for unlimited visits is to purchase a butterfly pin for $12.
What to expect this year
This year’s show will celebrate the beauty of the majestic monarch butterflies and their amazing long journey across North America. Thousands of free-flying butterflies, of all varieties including the monarch, will fill the showroom and delight visitors with their beautiful colors and designs. Experience what it’s like to be a butterfly surrounded by towering fir trees, giant flowers, and islands of color provided by the beautiful hydrangeas, marvelous marigolds, and gorgeous celosia.
Many special events, both family-friendly and Adults Only, have been planned throughout the 12-week show –– from Photographer Nights to Family Nights to name a few!
2017 Butterfly Show Admission And Hours
Youth (Ages 5-17) $4
Children (Ages 4 and under) FREE
You can find out more about the Krohn Conservatory from the Cincinnati Parks website.
The Krohn Conservatory is located 1501 Eden Park Dr, Cincinnati, OH.
I’m giving away (4) Family Four Packs to the Butterfly Show at the Krohn Conservatory!
I received tickets for review and giveaway purposes. All opinions are my own.