You don’t have to go far to have an incredible overnight with your family in the TriState.
You can find lots of unique overnight adventures for all comfort levels within an hour’s drive of Cincinnati.
Sleep with the Sharks
Discover what it’s like to really sleep with the fishes during an overnight at Newport Aquarium.
Overnight guests get behind the scenes tours, activities, craft and an exclusive talk with the biologist who cares for the sharks.
You can even sleep in the shark tunnel and watch the sharks from above and below you before you go to sleep.
- Upcoming #SharkSummer Sleepovers on June 22nd and July 6th!
- Overnight guests receive a special hot breakfast in Sharky’s Cafe in the morning.
- Bring an air mattress or cot for a more comfortable night’s sleep.
Kings Island Coaster Campout June 7-8
Experience Kings Island Amusement in a new way by camping overnight at the park for a great cause.
All proceeds benefit Cedar Fair Charities and the Boys and Girls Club.
Event guests have access to exclusive ride times on select rides in the evening and in the morning, snacks, breakfast, and admission to the park on Saturday.
- Donation cost of $200/per campsite
- Each campsite can accommodate up to a 20′ x 20′ tent with up to 4 people. Additional campers are $50 per person.
- Coaster Campout event tickets are only available online, and only a limited number of tickets are available.
- Everyone must bring their own tent. Tents will not be provided
- No coolers or alcohol are allowed.
Sleep in a Treehouse
- Overnight guests can also book a Tree climb for ages 5 and up
- Make reservations in advance online months in advance for weekends
- Weekdays have more availability
- Book 2 or more nights for more savings
The ALIYAH treehouse has a bridge that takes you to a snuggle palace that is 20 feet high. The loft in the living room full-size bed and couch for 4 and you can cook a full meal in the stocked kitchenette
Route Fifty Campers provides families a unique overnight camping experience by sleeping in a vintage travel trailer/ camper where guests pick from one of four vintages trailers and an outdoor location in the Greater Cincinnati Region.
- If you have the proper equipment, you can tow yourself.
- You can have a camper delivered within a 70-mile range from the city of Cincinnati with the price determined by zone. Route Fifty Campers can tow, set up and retrieve the trailer for you. There is no cost is you tow the camper within a 100-mile range. At mile 101 there is a mileage charge.
- Our trailers come stocked with dishware, bedding, towels, toaster, tea kettle, coffee press, smoke detector, fire extinguisher, an outdoor carpet and an awning.
- Each trailer has air-conditioning!
- Camper sizes range from 13’ to 15’ in size and can accommodate 2 adults and 2-3 small children.
- 6 – 8 person tents are also available to set up at your site for extra space.
- Each camper runs on 30 amp electric (standard at most campgrounds), and they provide converters for power via a home outlet.
- Besides the tents and porta-potties, we also rent grills, outdoor couches, table and chairs, and canopies.
- There is a 2-night minimum.
- Dogs are allowed. We ask that they are potty-trained and shedding is kept to a minimum.
- We have a $250 Damage Deposit, that is returned in full at the end of your rental as long as there is no damage, missing items, or excessively dirty conditions.
- They provide a thorough walk-thru of the camper before their guests tow or when we deliver to the campsite.
Enjoy a Cabin and Canoe Ride
Enjoy a day on the river by kayak, canoe, or raft followed by a great nights’ sleep with an overnight in a cabin from Morgan’s Canoe and Outdoor Adventure.
- Overnight guests have access to a firepit and horseshoes
- Cabins have a mini fridge and sleep up to 4 people.
- You can camp or rent a cabin at the Brookville, Indiana or Riverside Campground near Ft. Ancient, Ohio locations
Camp at one of the Great Parks of Hamilton County
With options ranging from tent camping to cabins, guests who stay at Winton Woods can enjoy a 123 site campground with a fully functional farm, 6 miles of trails, 156-acre lake, two golf courses, and a horseback riding center.
- Check the schedule for special programming and events during your visit
- At Winton Woods, you can tent camp, bring your rv, or rent a basic or delux cabin
- During the summer months pack a swimsuit for the sprayground
- There are lots of great paved trails perfect for biking
Looking for ideas for fun this summer?
Check out these posts!
How to Save Money on Summer Attractions in Cincinnati
Staycation Ideas in Cincinnati
2 thoughts on “Overnight Adventures for Families in the TriState”
Oh my gosh!
I’m still new(ish) to the area, and I can’t wait to try ALLLLL of these out!
(also, because it can’t be avoided…. The aquarium gives sleeping with the fishes a whole new meaning.)
loved this tree houses 🙂