Are you looking for some family-friendly fun this fall?
The Tricks and Treats Fall Fest event at Kings Island Amusement Park has you covered.
I’m sharing more about what to expect this year and how to make the most out of this unique fall event.
This article is brought to you in partnership with Kings Island. As a Kings Island Ambassador, I love sharing insider tips to help you make the most of your visit to the park. This article contains affiliate links.
What to Expect at Trick or Treats Fall Fest This Year
Kings Island’s all-new Tricks And Treats Fall Fest is set to be the area’s favorite event for family-friendly Halloween activities and fall fun.
The fall festival is designed to help make special memories and enjoy the fall season with your loved ones safely.
Guests can expect AMAZING food, activities, entertainment, seasonal merchandise and so much more.
When is Tricks And Treats Fall Fest?
Tricks and Treats Fall Fest is during select Saturdays and Sundays Sept. 25 – Oct. 30, 2022 from 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
*If you visit on Saturday you should be aware that Halloween Haunt activities start at 6 PM.
Make sure that you download the free Kings Island app. It’s a great resource with information on show times, ride wait times, attractions, and dining during Tricks and Treat Fall Fest.
Family Activities at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest at Kings Island
Tricks And Treats Fall Fest offers all the playful fun of a traditional fall festival with the bonus of incredible amusement park rides.
It was so fun to see all of the little kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes during my time at the park.
Family Activities at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
Families will find that there are a lot of additional activities to enjoy beyond the rides.
Here are some of the activities that kids can enjoy:
- Tricks and Treat Costume Contest
- Artisan Pumpkin Patch
- Tricky Corn Maze
- Harvest Tractors
- QR Lost Candy Bag Quest
- Monster Makeovers *additional fee
Halloween Crafts at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
- Pumpkin Decorating
- Create hand crafted masks
- Halloween Coloring
- Halloween bracelets
You can watch as talented pumpkin artisans decorate incredible masterpieces.
Visit Designated Trick-or-Treating Spots at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
There are designated Trick-or-Treating spots (13 in total) throughout the park for kids with individually packaged treats.
The lines appeared to move pretty quickly, especially in the non-kid sections of the park, like Action Zone.
Trick or Treat bags are available at all locations and there are 13 stations for Fall Fest activities. Tricks and Treats Fall Fest activities are NOT in the waterpark like previous years.
Make sure that you pick up a Tricks and Treats Fall Fest park map or scan the image with your phone near the entrance so that you don’t miss any treat or treat stations.
Ghoulish Game Zone at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
Kids can enjoy a variety of games where everyone is the winner at the Ghoulish Game Zone located in Planet Snoopy.
Wear Your Costume at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
Kids and adults can enjoy an excuse to dress up in their favorite costumes during their visit to the park.
Make sure that you check out the time for the Tricks and Treats Fall Fest costume contest in the app with awards for babies, 3 and under, kids 4-9, tweens, teens, and adults.
What are the Costume Guidelines for Tricks and Treats Fall Fest?
If you want to wear a costume, make sure that it is family-friendly.
Keep your weapons and gore at home. Costumes that conceal identity are prohibited.
Get a Monster Makeover
Don’t have a costume? You can transform your look with a Halloween-themed makeover by a Kings Island airbrush artist.
2022 KINGS ISLAND Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Menu
Plan your culinary adventure around Kings Island by checking out the menu items at the locations below.
The Menu items in ORANGE are also on the All Season Dining Plan
THE SWEET SPOT
- Apple Mummy – flaky crust, seasoned Ohio apples dusted with fall flavors, rolled, baked and iced
- Brain Bleed – cakes stuffed with strawberry Bavarian cream with speckled luster glaze
- Crazy Eyes – red velvet cake balls coated in white chocolate, pupil candy, spiked drizzled with raspberry sauce
- Frank’s Cake – chocolate cupcake, cream cheese frosting & cookie crumbs (looks like Frankenstein)
- R.I.B. (Rest in Bundt) – carrot cake bundt, mound of frosting, candy worm & gravestone chocolate
INTERNATIONAL STREET FUNNEL CAKES & RIVERTOWN FUNNEL CAKES
- Apple Cider Doughnuts – dusted in cinnamon sugar and warm caramel sauce for dipping (Only at Rivertown Funnel Cakes)
- Pumpkin Beignets – puffs of fried dough dusted in powdered sugar
- Spiderweb Funnel Cakes – topped with powdered sugar and dusted with a cocoa web stencil
LAROSA’S® PIZZERIA (INTERNATIONAL STREET)
- Baked Potato Flatbread – potato puree, shredded cheese, bacon & green onion finished with sour cream
- Pesto Flatbread – pesto, provolone cheese, shaved onions and sunflower seeds with balsamic drizzle
THE FRENCH CORNER
- Butternut Squash Roll-Ups – roasted butternut squash, ricotta and sage rolled in lasagna and topped with spiced Alfredo sauce
- Oktoberfest’s Finest – stuffed cabbage rolls
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie – Brunswick stew topped with whipped sweet potato and baked
RIVERTOWN POTATO WORKS
- Davy Jones’ Locker – breaded fried fish with Creole ranch and fried potatoes
- The Notorious P.I.G. – hand cut fries, pulled pork, bacon jam, beer cheese, green onion, BBQ sauce and bacon bits
HANK’S MEXICAN GRILL
- Acorn Squash & Chicken Empanadas – smoked chicken, squash, pecans & cheese filled into a pastry shell and fried
- El Día de los Muertos Tamales – corn and green chili in masa with diablo sauce
KINGS ISLAND FOOD TRUCK “ALL ABOUT THE FOOD”
- Irish Grill – bacon jam, Irish cheddar and tomato on roll, smashed and toasted
- Missing Fingers – cheese wrapped in wonton, fried with green goddess sauce
- Reaper’s Slider – beef burger with pickled jalapenos, pepper-jack cheese, onions and spicy secret sauce
- Santa Fe Chicken Chili – chicken, beans, tomatoes, corn and green chilis simmered and served in tortilla bowl
- Bat Wings – whole smoked chicken wings tossed in mole sauce
- Burnt End & Mac – smoked brisket bits, honey BBQ glazed, with fried mac and cheese balls
- Italian Wedding Soup – mini meatballs, noodles and vegetables served in a bread bowl with parmesan crisp
Bride of Frankenstein Ice Cream – black and white swirled in a cone
- PLANET SNOOPYTM Ice Cream
- Ice Scream Zone
- Ralph’s Ice Cream
I would highly recommend scanning the QR code to pull up the Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Menu to help you narrow down your options.
If you are like me, you probably want to know ALL of your options before you decide what you want to try.
Below you can save the image of all of the menu items of the Tricks and Treats Fall Fest included with All Season Dining Plan to your phone for an easy reference.
Plan Ahead for the Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Menu
I would recommend prioritizing the menu items that you want to try because popular menu items could run out closer to the end of the evening.
Most of park food locations close 1 hour – 30 minutes before park closing. International Street and of the restaurants closer to the front of the park are open until park closing.
Hours maybe adjusted at any time.
I think it’s so much easier to decide once you know what the food options look like.
There are images of each of the special Fall Fest Tricks and Treats menu items are outside each participating restaurant locations.
Make it a Date
If you want to mix up your next date, the Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Menu is a fun way to mix things up and try something new.
I love that so many Tricks and Treat Fall Fest menu items are also included on the All Season Dining Plan.
Afterwards you can enjoy the rides with options for all thrill levels from coasters to the train.
Specialty Brews and Booze Bars
Enjoy tasty craft beer, ciders, and specialty potions (that can be ordered without alcohol or “bewitched” with a nip of spirits.)
Throughout the park you’ll also find gotta-have-it favorites and lots of goodies with a Halloween twist—all served with the highest safety standards.
Specialty Brews and Booze Bars Locations
- Action Zone Bar
- Oktoberfest Bar
- Bier Garten
- Miami River Brewhouse
Watch a Live Show at Tricks and Treats Fall Fest
You can still enjoy live entertainment throughout the park. Its recommended arriving 15-30 minutes early before the showtime.
There are live shows throughout the park. Check the Kings Island app or Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Guide for times and locations.
- Dj Dr. Scream Dance Party
- The Fangtastistics
- The “You’re Too Old to Trick or Treat” Game Show
- The Witch Sisters Dreadtime Stories
- The Witch Sisters Spellcasting Ceremony
- The Monsters are Coming Charlie Brown
- Monster Rock
- Terror Rising
Take a Fall Family Photo
There are plenty of areas throughout the park that are perfect for a family photo or pic with friends.
There are several great photo areas in Planet Snoopy for younger kids.
You’ll definitely want to check out the Peanuts Showplace with lots of photo ops added this year.
Make sure that you don’t leave the park before taking a group picture somewhere in the park.
There are also fun photo ops for older kids throughout the park too.
Are the Rides at Kings Island Still Open During Tricks and Treats Fall Fest?
Yes! You can still enjoy all of your favorite rides (except for water attractions) during your visit at the park.
*Take Note of Early Ride Closures
Planet Snoopy rides will be closed on all Fridays AND starting at 6pm during Haunt events Saturdays and at 6pm on select Sundays in October (10/9, 10/16, 10/23)
Early Ride Time for Season Pass Holders
Park early ride time (ERT) hours for 22 & 23 season pass holders is 10:30 on Saturday & Sunday only. No Early Ride Times on Fridays.
Rides are: Diamondback, Mystic Timbers, Flying Ace Ariel Chase, Snoopy Space Buggies, Woodstock Gliders.
Season Pass checks will be conducted at ride entrances this year not on International Street.
Save on Your Visit to Kings Island With a Tricks and Treats Bundle
This is a great time to consider a Gold Season Pass which has unlimited visits in 2023 and is also good for the rest of the 2022 season.
“No-Boo” Necklace Option If You Want to Stay for Halloween Haunt
The No-Boo Necklace is for any guest who may be a little hesitant to experience Halloween Haunt.
The monsters may still interact with the wearer of a No-Boo necklace, but won’t attempt to scare them. A No-Boo necklace can be purchased at the park.
*If you have younger children, you may want to leave the park before 6pm on Saturdays when the monsters for Haunt begin to walk throughout the park.
Haunt is recommended for ages 13 and older due to mature themes and attractions.
What Time Does Haunt Start at Kings Island?
Haunt activities begin at 6pm on Friday & Saturday.
Sunday Haunt times at 6pm on 10/9, 10/16, 10/23 ONLY.
(There is no reentry to the park after 6pm on Fridays, Saturdays and select Sundays Haunt dates listed above.
Your Kings Island Admission includes Fall Fest and Haunt.
New Bag Policy for Haunt
Please note that bags larger than 6.5″ X 4.5″ X 2″ are not permitted after 6PM. This applies for ALL bags including purses, backpacks and diaper bags.
My hand barely fit in the square to help give you scale of the size.
You can find the lowest prices for tickets to Kings Island Fall Fest and Haunt here.
Enter to Win 4 Tickets to Kings Island Tricks and Treats Fall Fest + Single Day Parking Passa Rafflecopter giveaway
Enter the giveaway above for a chance to win 4 tickets to Kings Island Tricks and Treats Fall Fest + a Single Day Parking Pass.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Enter the giveaway above for a chance to win 4 tickets to Kings Island Haunt + 4 Fright Lane Tickets + a Single Day Parking Pass.