If you have visited Kings Island for years as a guest or as a season pass holder, you might feel like you know every inch of the park and have seen it all….until now!
Kings Island Grand Carnivale is transforming the park with a fresh, immersive event that you don’t want to miss!
In fact, if you miss it, you will miss out!
What is Kings Island Grand Carnivale?
Grand Carnivale is an immersive festival that celebrates the cultures of Germany, India, France, China, Spain, and Italy with a larger-than-life party.
The event features special themed food and drinks, activities, music, games, entertainment, and an extravagant evening parade.
International Street is transformed into a festive colorful celebration with family-friendly Mardi Gras vibes.
When is Grand Carnivale at Kings Island?
The Grand Carnival Celebration event is for a limited time from Saturday, July 17 to Sunday, August 1, 2021, beginning at 5:00 p.m. each day.
International Themed Activities at Grand Carnivale for Kids
There are several international themed activities for Grand Carnivale.
Each country also has a coloring activity that goes with the country’s theme.
Be on the lookout for cutouts in each country’s section with a special QR code game. Scan the code with your phone and you’ll be taken to a link with a video.
To complete the game you’ll need to take a picture with each cutout and then show the pictures to the person at the info booth. There are small individual buttons for each of the different characters featured for guests who complete the game.
You’ll find a craft activity tent near the Eiffle Tower with several tables with seating for families.
This is a fun way for kids to learn more about other countries and cultures with hands-on experiences.
We also observed several beautiful moments of staff interacting with kids in the crowd through music and dance. The atmosphere for this event is really light and fun!
There are also themed games near the Eiffel Tower.
Grand Carnivale Schedule of Events
Check out out the schedule and plan accordingly so that you don’t miss any of the fun during Grand Carnivale!
The Royal Opening Ceremony | 5:00 PM at International Street Bandstand
The King and Queen of Grand Carnivale, accompanied by their Royal Court and a cavalcade of musical splendor, kick-off this larger-than-life celebration!
The Grand Showcase | 5:15 PM and 6:15 PM at International Street Bandstand
The Royal Court has traversed land and sea to discover the most spectacular acts from cultures around the world. Join them for a showcase of captivating performances where you’ll experience the Sound, the Taste, and the Mystery of Carnivale in breath-taking, unexpected ways!
Royal Dance Party | 6:05 PM, 7:05 PM, 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM at International Street Bandstand
Join world-famous DJ Archie Alto for a high-energy dance party! This is your chance to mix and mingle with the members of the Royal Court, who will be out and about tossing handfuls of glittering beads.
Royal Rhythms | 7:15 PM and 9:30 PM at International Street Bandstand
Kick the party into high gear and dance along with members of the Royal Court as they perform the Queen’s favorite hits live on stage!
Spectacle of Color Parade | 8:30 PM starting in Coney Mall
Immerse yourself in the electrifying atmosphere of the Spectacle of Color Parade, a fanciful fusion of extravagantly decorated floats, whimsical street performers, and pulsing rhythms of cultures worldwide. Line up along any of the parade routes Show Stops for an opportunity to dance and interact with the performers as they pass by.
The Royal Finale | 10:00 PM at International Street Bandstand
As the parade concludes, gear up for the grandest celebration of all! Join the Carnivale King and Queen, DJ Archie Alto, and the Regal Rhythms for high-energy music, dancing in the streets, and delicious food and drinks from around the world.
Don’t start packing your bags just yet! Stick around for The Royal Finale – our can’t-miss fireworks and light show spectacular!
Watch the Entertainment on the Main Stage
If you are coming for the evening entertainment you will appreciate the diverse entertainment options.
Starting at 5pm there is a pretty steady flow of entertainment at the main stage throughout the evening.
You’ll find music, jugglers, and acrobats performing amazing stunts.
Food Sample Your Way Around the World
Food is always one of the BEST parts of a celebration and Grand Carnivale does not disappoint! If you are like me and want to try a little bit of everything, the Grand Carnivale Food Tasting Card is the perfect option for you!
With the card, you can enjoy (6) food tastings of your choice from the special Grand Carnivale Tasting Card Menu.
The special food booths open at 5pm each evening and feature themed menu items at each International country.
FYI -Season pass holders get a 10% discount on all Grand Carnivale food items.
Grand Carnivale Food Guide
Check out all of the options to choose from on the Grand Carnivale Food Guide. If you previously attended Grand Carnivale in the past, you’ll find all new tasting menu items to experience this year.
*Food Offerings Begin at 5:00 PM.
- Chicken Fried Rice – Wok fried rice tossed in a flavorful sauce with Chinese vegetables
- Steamed Pork Dumplings with Ponzu –Tender pork with scallions served with ginger soy garlic sauce
- General Tso Egg Rolls – Filled with sweet and spicy braised chicken and Asian vegetables with a side of General Tso dipping sauce
- Almond Cookies & Fortune Cookies – A tasting portion of these famous cookies
- Summer Berry & Lemon Crêpe –Strawberries, blackberries and blueberries with lemon curd
- Jambon–Beurre – Traditional ham and herb butter sandwich served on a French baguette
- Hamburger Sliders – Served on brioche buns with gruyere cheese and pommes frites
- French Macaroon Trio – Chef’s selection of French macaroons
- Wiener Schnitzel with Kraut & Bratkartoffeln – Hand-breaded pork tenderloin, house-made kraut with traditional German potatoes
- Pretzel Bites – Served with house-made beer cheese and mustard
- German Sausage & Kraut Balls – Breaded and fried to a golden brown and served with stout mustard
- German Chocolate Cake – Dark chocolate cake with coconut and pecans
- Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice –Traditionally made with tandoori spice and tomato gravy
- Vegetable Pakora Fritter with Creamy Cilantro Sauce – Sweet potatoes and vegetables mixed in chickpea flour and fried golden brown
- Naan Dippers – Naan bread served with raita and tomato kasundi dip ( A great portion for sharing)
- Laddu – Festive Indian cookies with cardamom, chopped almonds, and a honey glaze
- Fried Ravioli – Ricotta stuffed and served with traditional tomato sauce
- Piadina – Italian flatbread filled with Italian meats, cheese and sweet pepper spread
- Cavatelli Cone – Fresh pasta tossed with homemade marinara and meatballs served in a bread cone
- Cassata Cake – Citrus soaked sponge cake layered with fresh strawberries
- Potatoes Bravas – Fried potatoes seasoned with fire roasted red pepper sauce and garlic aioli dipping sauce
- Pollo al Ajillo – Garlic seasoned chicken with traditional tomato gazpacho
- Chicken, Shrimp & Sausage Paella –Slow cooked in a traditional paella pan with saffron rice, bell peppers, tomatoes and onions
- Dulce de Leche Churros – Tossed in cinnamon sugar and served with caramel sauce
- Carnivale Cocktail – A tropically inspired cocktail with vodka, blue curacao and melon midori
- Chambord Spritz – A French style cocktail with black raspberry liqueur, semi-dry white wine and hints of citrus
- Rossini – Strawberry puree with Italian prosecco wine and a lemon lime twist
- Sangria – A Spanish classic, sparkling and refreshingly fruity with a red wine base, infused with seasonal fruit
- Must be 21+ with a valid I.D. to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages
- Celebration Citrus Twist – A refreshing blend of orange, pineapple and lemon lime sparkling soda
- Green Tea Cooler – Basil and lemon infused Chinese green tea sweetened and topped with fresh raspberries
- Mango Lassi – A popular Indian blend of sweet mango puree, yogurt and coconut milk, flavored with cinnamon and cardamom
Purchase a Signature Cocktail or Mocktail in a souvenir light-up pilsner! Available at any Grand Carnivale Food & Beverage station
Grand Carnivale Food Tasting Card Tips
The Food Tasting cards are only valid for a single visit on the date selected at purchase so make sure that you get all of those 6 tastings in!
My husband and I each had a Food Tasting Card and shared some of the menu items and went back for the ones we really liked.
If you see something on the menu that you REALLY want to try, get it first. There is a chance that a popular menu item could run out toward the end of the evening.
Don’t Forget to Save Room for Dessert!
The options don’t get any easier when it comes to dessert because everything looked so good!
Recap of Special Dessert Options on the Tasting Menu:
- China-Almond Cookies & Fortune Cookies – A tasting portion of these famous cookies
- France- French Macaroon Trio – Chef’s selection of French macaroons
- Germany- German Chocolate Cake – Dark chocolate cake with coconut and pecans
- India- Laddu – Festive Indian cookies with cardamom, chopped almonds, and a honey glaze
- Italy- Cassata Cake – Citrus soaked sponge cake layered with fresh strawberries
- Spain- Dulce de Leche Churros – Tossed in cinnamon sugar and served with caramel sauce
How Much Are Grand Carnivale Tasting Cards?
- 6 Tastings $35
- 9 Tastings $50
How to Save Money on Grand Carnivale Tasting Cards at Kings Island
Save $5 When You Buy Grand Carnivale Tasting Cards Online!
Explore the flavors of Grand Carnivale with a Food Tasting card and enjoy six (6) food tastings of your choice from the Grand Carnivale Tasting Card menu. Grand Carnivale Food & Beverage booths open at 5:00 p.m.
*Valid only during Grand Carnivale on the date selected at purchase, July 17-August 1, 2021. Food Tasting Card is only valid for a single visit, all tasting must be used on the date of redemption.
*Beverages are sold separately. Park admission is not included.
There are white lines on both sides of the International street marking where guests need to stand to allow the floats to pass by. You will want to allow enough time to find a spot at your desired vantage point along the parade route.
*In the event of inclement weather, the parade is subject to cancellation.
Save on Tickets to Kings Island
For the best value for multiple visits and free parking to Kings Island, the Gold Season Pass is your best option and savings.
You can purchase tickets online with lower pricing than at the gate.
The Grand Carnivale Celebration is a great event for families and it can also make a nice date night if your teenagers want to eat and then go on rides instead.
Disclosure: I’m a Kings Island Brand Ambassador which means that I share my love for the park and enjoy perks and behind-the-scenes access.
More Kings Island Related Articles
Save this post for later. Pin the image below>>