There is a lot to look forward to for Kings Island Winterfest 2022!
If you grew up in the Cincinnati metro, you probably have fond memories of attending Kings Island Winterfest in the ’80s as a kid.
Those memories include holiday activities like ice skating on the royal fountain, carriage rides, and holiday shows with live entertainment.
Kings Island Winterfest will bring back the nostalgia and continue to build on making new memories each year.
When Does Kings Island Winterfest Start?
Kings Island Winterfest 2022 starts on Friday, November 25 from 5-10 PM.
When is WinterFest at Kings Island Amusement Park?
Kings Island WinterFest Dates and Kings Island WinterFest hours are the following:
- Friday, November 25, 2022 (5-10PM)
- Saturday and Sunday, November 26, 27, 2022 ( 4-10PM)
- Friday, December 2,2022 (5-10PM)
- Saturday and Sunday, December 3- 4, 2022 (4-10)
- Friday, December 9 (5-10 PM)
- Saturday and Sunday December 10-11, 2022 (4-10PM)
- Friday, December 16 (5-10 PM)
- Saturday and Sunday December 17-18, 2022 (4-10PM)
- Monday- Friday December 19-23 (5-10PM)
- Monday- Friday December 26-30, 2022 (5-10PM)
- Saturday, December 31 (4PM- 1AM)
The parking tolls will open approximately 30-45 minutes prior to when the park opens.
Admission turnstiles open approximately 15 minutes before park opening time.
*There are no early ride times.
The Eiffel Tower was transformed into an illuminated, tall Christmas Tree. The holiday lights on the Eiffel Tower shifted through beautiful colors and imagery.
Arrive Early to Attend the Tree Lighting Ceremony
The Kings Island Winterfest Tree lighting ceremony starts at 5:30 pm each evening at the International Street Stage.
Make sure that you allow plenty of time for parking and entry into the park so that you don’t miss it.
Don’t Miss the WinterFest Wonderland Parade!
The WinterFest Wonderland Parade takes place at 8:30pm every night and is fun for all ages!
It has dancing, singing, decorated floats that light up and even features Santa Claus and his reindeer.
International Street is a popular area to watch the parade that lasts around 20 minutes.
I would recommend arriving about 10-15 minutes early to get your desired spot in the crowd along the parade route.
Live Shows at Kings Island Winterfest
Make sure that you download the Kings Island app so that you can plan your visit around the shows that you want to see.
These are the live shows at Winterfest and their locations. Check the Kings Island app for show times.
Winterfest Holiday Music
- Swingin’ Into Christmas – Tannenbaumhaus
- The MistleTones – Tinsel Town
- Four Drummers Drumming – Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town
- Sounds of the Nativity – PEANUTS Playhouse
- Blitzen’s Brass Band – Roaming
- Holly Holiday’s String-a-long- Classic Christmas Cafe Patio
- Jingle Jazz – Roaming
Family Shows at Winterfest
- Tinker’s Toy Factory – Kings Island Theater
- A Peanuts Guide to Christmas – Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town
- Cool Yule Christmas – International Street Bandstand Stage
- Bah Humbug… What the Dickens? – PEANUTS Showcase
- Holly Jolly Trolley – Roaming
What Rides Are Open at Kings Island Winterfest?
The following rides are open during Kings Island Winterfest:
- Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
- Grand Carousel
- K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad
- Kings Mills Antique Autos
- Shake,Rattle & Roll
- Character Carousel
- Charlie Brown’s Wind Up
- Joe Cool’s Dodgem School
- Linus’ Launcher
- PEANUTS 500
- Sally’s Sea Plane
- Snoopy vs. Red Baron
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies
- Woodstock Gliders
- Flight of Fear
- Mystic Timbers
- The Great Pumpkin Coaster (roller coaster for kids)
*Ride operations are subject to change due to weather conditions
*Fast Lane passes are not valid or sold during Kings Island Winterfest.
Holiday Shopping at Kings Island Winterfest
There are lots of shopping options for holiday gifts located throughout the park including shops on both side of International Street.
Make sure that you check out the artisan village with local vendors located underneath the Eiffel Tower.
Experiences and Activities at Kings Island Winterfest
- Snow Flake Lake Ice Skating
- North Pole Post Office
- Mrs. Claus’s Kitchen
- Jack Frost Igloo Village
- Snow Works
- Ice Carvers
- Holiday Games
- St. Nick’s Pics
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree Lot
- Sally’s Christmas Crafts
*Additional fee required for some of the activities.
Tips for Ice Skating at Kings Island Winterfest
If you plan on ice skating during your visit, I suggest you that purchase your date and time slot online before you arrive.
There is limited availability and the time slots can fill up fast and sell out.
Save time and fill out your required waiver online before you go.
The ice skating voucher includes skate rental and your skate session. The price is between $17-$20/per person online depending on which date you choose.
Everyone on the ice skating rink must have a ticket regardless of age.
There is still a fee if you bring your own skates.
Snow Flake Lake Ice Skating Session Times For Kings Island Winterfest:
A supervising companion (age 14+) must accompany all guests under the age of 10.
Photo Opps at Winterfest
Winterfest has also created lots of areas that are the perfect spot for taking photos together.
The Winterfest Snowglobe near the Banshee roller coaster is definitely one of the most unique.
Kings Island WinterFest Bucket List
Use the WinterFest Bucket List to cross everything off your list.
Younger kids will enjoy meeting Santa Claus (and maybe even Mrs. Claus!) and older kids will find several areas that are perfect for a selfie throughout the nine winter wonderlands.
The pictures with Santa are an additional fee if you purchase the photos from Kings Island. You can bring your own camera and take your own pictures.
Holiday-Themed Activities at Winterfest
There is a small sledding hill and live shows that the whole family will enjoy.
Check the times for all of the shows and ice carving demos when you arrive. That information will help you get the most value out of your visit.
Kings Island Winterfest Igloo Rentals
Jack Frost’s Igloo Village is a nice area to relax and a private space at Winterfest.
The Kings Island Winterfest igloo rental includes the following:
- The igloo can hold up to 8 people
- 4 hot chocolate mugs
- VIP seating at select shows
- Priority access to ice skating and cookie decorating.
*Priority access is given upon purchase of additional experiences)
Kings Island Winterfest Igloo rentals are available to purchase online.
*The Winterfest igloo rentals are very popular and can sell out.
Kings Island Season Pass Holder All-Season Dining Perks
With Kings Island season passes, we not only received free parking (and unlimited visits throughout the year), and our All Season Dining Plan works at Winterfest too.
You are going to eat dinner anyway, either before you go, or while you are there.
When we did eat before a visit, my kids would get hungry as soon as entered the park anyway.
The All Season Dining Plan has several restaurants throughout the park to choose from. My personal favorite restaurant is the Coney Bar-B-Que.
I suggest grabbing a flyer as you enter the park for all of your meal options and locations.
2022 WinterFest Souvenir Mug
The Winterfest Hot chocolate souvenir mug is $13.99 + tax with unlimited refills your first visit. It’s only $2 per refill on future visits in 2022.
Hot chocolate is an extremely popular menu item. Make sure that you allow extra wait time if you are getting a refill before attending a show.
There are no season pass discounts and you can purchase your Winterfest souvenir mug online or at the park.
FYI: You can’t bring items on Mystic Timbers so you will want to designate a hot chocolate holder.
Ways to Save on Kings Island Winterfest Tickets
- Purchase discount Kings Island Winterfest tickets online at the lowest price here (starting at $28.99 vs $45 at the gate)
- Go with a Season Passholder with a Bring-a-Friend Admission. (Gold & Platinum Passholders may bring up to 4 friends to WinterFest for just $24.99 per person) *Brings a Friend Admission tickets are not valid on Saturdays. They need to be purchased online because they are not sold at the front gate. Gate price $45 per person.
- Go as a Group: Get 15+ Tickets Each for Only $26 + taxes & applicable fees when you buy a minimum of 15 tickets online.
Winterfest guests will enjoy creating new holiday memories with their loved ones. Season pass holders will find that it’s an added value to their season pass.
More Information on King Island Winterfest
You can find additional information on the Kings Island website.
Where is Kings Island Winterfest Located?
Kings Island is located at 6300 Kings Island Dr, Mason, OH.
I’m a Kings Island Ambassador which means that I share my love for the park and enjoy perks and behind-the-scenes access.
Enter to Win 4 Tickets to Kings Island Winterfest
I’m giving away 4 tickets to Kings Island Winterfest + a single day parking pass!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Additional Kings Island Articles
- What to look forward to at Winterfest this year
- How to Visit Kings Island with a Special Needs Guest
- Everything you need to know about dining at Kings Island
- 10 Fun Things for Non-Riders to Do at Kings Island
- Why I Bought the All Season Dining Plan at Kings Island
- Non Scary Adventures for Families at Kings Island in the Fall