Maximize your visit to Kings Island during WinterFest by crossing off these activities and adventures off of your holiday bucket list.
I’m a Kings Island Ambassador and this article is written in partnership with Kings Island.
A big part of making the most of your holiday visit to WinterFest is being prepared ahead of time so that you make the most of your visit.
I’m sharing more about what you can do and what you need to plan ahead for so that you and your loved ones make memories and have a great time.
Start by Downloading the Kings Island App
I highly recommend downloading the Kings Island free mobile app before your visit.
With the Kings Island app, you can easily find everything in the park and stay up to date on activities, showtimes, and ride wait times during your visit.
Kings Island WinterFest Bucket List
Attend the Tree Lighting Ceremony
Starts at 5:30 pm each evening
Make sure that you allow plenty of time for parking and entry into the park so that you don’t miss it.
Experience the Seasonal WinterFest Attractions
During WinterFest you can enjoy seasonal activities and attractions that are not available any other time of the year.
- Go Ice Skating (Advance purchase is highly recommended to reserve your skate session)
- Go on the Sledding Hill (Action Ice Zone)
- Shop at the Artisan Village
- Take a Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride
- Enjoy the VIP treatment at Jack Frost’s Igloo Village (reservation required)
Photo Opps at WinterFest
WinterFest, in general, is Instagram worthy but there are also plenty of places throughout the park that are designed with photos in mind.
- Take a picture with a character
- Insert yourself in a three-dimensional scene in Planet Snoopy
- Take a picture with Santa
- Take a picture in from of the WinterFest Sign
Activities That Little Kids will Love
If you are attending WinterFest with younger children, make sure that you check these activities out.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen Cookie Decorating
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree Lot
- Write a letter to Santa at the North Pole Post Office
- Sally’s Christmas Crafts
- Seasonal Build-A-Bears
Attend All of the Seasonal Shows at WinterFest
The live entertainment at WinterFest really adds the value to your admission. I highly recommend seeing as many shows as possible during your visit.
There are several shows that are indoors if you need a break from the cold and want to warm up.
- Watch an ice carving demo (Action Ice Zone)
- A PEANUTS Guide to Christmas
- Blitzen’s Brass Band
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Spectacular (Inside Kings Island Theater)
- Cool Yule Christmas
- Four Drummers Drumming
- Holly Holiday’s String-a-Long
- Holiday Sing-Along
- Holly Jolly Trolley
- Jingle Jazz
- Midway Merriment
- Reindeer Roundup
- Sounds of the Nativity
- The Mistletones
- Tinker’s Toy Factory: The Christmas Fever (Inside the Festhaus)
- What the Dickens?!
During WinterFest there are several seasonal treats and restaurants that you will want to check out.
- Drink a Blue Hot Chocolate from Blitzens Hot Beverage Bar
- Eat at the Snow Day Buffet
- Enjoy a fantastic view of the park while you dine at the International Restaurant Dinner Buffet
- Jack Frost’s Liquid Libations (21+)
- Beast Hot Chocolate at Candy Cane Café on International Street
Go on a Ride
There are still plenty of rides open throughout the park during WinterFest.
Bundle up and enjoy rides ranging from kid-friendly to thrill with plenty of family-friendly options in between.
- Mystic Timbers (the only roller coaster open)
- Grand Carousel
- Shake, Rattle, and Roll
- Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (indoor ride)
- Character Carousel
- Charlie Brown’s Wind Up
- Joe Cool’s Dodgem School
- Linus’ Launcher
- The Great Pumpkin Coaster
- Woodstock Gliders
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies
- Snoopy vs. Red Baron
- Peanuts 500
- Sally’s Sea Plane
Dates for WinterFest at Kings Island
Select night November 26, 2021- December 31, 2021.