As someone who grew up in the Cincinnati Metro area, Winterfest at Kings Island was a holiday event that I looked forward to every year.
Last year I was pleasantly surprised that it exceeded my expectations with its return after a long hiatus.
This year you will discover that Winterfest is continuing to expand offering more entertainment and adventure options for the whole family.
I normally enjoy all of the thrill rides during a regular park visit but for Winterfest, I honestly just enjoyed walking around observing all of the pretty lights and taking in the shows.
This year you will notice that Winterfest has a larger footprint in the park creating more areas to explore and enjoy.
Holiday Themed Shows at WinterFest
There are 16 shows for guests to enjoy located throughout the park both inside and outside.
I would recommend lining up about 15 minutes before the show begins for preferred seating at the Kings Island Theater. The Sounds of the Nativity and the drummers were my favorites this year.
*Check the Kings Island App for showtimes so that you watch as many performances as possible as you explore the park.
You Can Still Use Your All-Season Dining Plan During WinterFest
There are 20 restaurants available for guests and many of those still have dining plan options for Season Pass holders who have the All Season Dining Plan.
*You can grab a list of all of the All Season Dining options as you enter the park.
You’ll Want to Try the Gourmet Hot Chocolate
If you want a unique hot chocolate option make sure that you check out the Candy Lane Store on International Street where they serve gourmet hot chocolate in peanut butter or chocolate rimmed souvenir glass mugs.
*I would suggest bringing a backpack to store extra hats and gloves and ask the cashier to wrap up your souvenir glass once you have finished drinking it so that you don’t have to carry it in your hand all night.
Refillable Winterfest Souvenir Mug
There are 15 locations throughout the park where you can purchase hot chocolate. If you purchase a Winterfest souvenir hot chocolate mug you get free refills on your first visit.
You can get $1 refills when you bring back your mug the rest of the Winterfest season.
*The souvenir mugs from the previous Winterfest year do not apply for the refills.
You Can Still Go on Rides at WinterFest
There are 19 rides for guests to enjoy this year.
- Mystic Timbers
- Flight of Fear
Little Kids Will Love
- Joe Cool’s Dodgem School
- Linus’ Launcher
- Peanuts 500
- Sally’s Sea Plane
- Snoopy vs. Red Baron
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies
- Woodstock Gliders
- The Great Pumpkin Coaster
- Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
- Character Carousel
- Charlie Brown’s Wind-Up
- Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Grand Carousel
- Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad (The 12 days of Christmas song plays during your ride)
- There are 30 special holiday Characters Spreading Christmas Cheer throughout the park
Go Ice Skating at WinterFest
To guarantee your preferred time slot, purchase your Snow Flake Lake Ice Skating tickets in advance online and go ahead and fill out the waiver to save time.
*Ice skating is an additional fee
More Things to Do at Winterfest
- International Street welcomes you with millions of dazzling lights and lavish displays of holiday grandeur. It is home to Snow Flake Lake, one of the area’s most impressive ice skating experiences.
- Candy Cane Lane is a delightful walk on the sweet side with larger than life décor that’s perfect for a family photo.
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town at Planet Snoopy features extra special activities with America’s favorite beagle and the whole PEANUTS Gang.
- Tinsel Town amazes with shows from The Mistletones, plus shopping and dining. Enjoy a festive atmosphere surrounded by holiday tunes, a vintage aluminum tree and the occasional snowfall.
- Coca-Cola® Polar Bear Plaza is the hot spot for cool interactive games, family fun and selfies with the Coca-Cola® Polar Bear.
- WinterFest Way embraces guests with warm displays of soft, ambient holiday lights.
- Artisan Village offers one-of-a-kind crafts and gifts handmade by local artisans.
- Coney Elf Village spotlights Santa’s busy workshop where mischievous elves work and play. Gather around to watch brilliant lights dance to festive holiday music.
- Rivertown Wonderland transports you to heart-warming holidays of yesteryear with traditional sights, sounds and experiences.
- Action Ice Zone is a winter wonderland of all things ice and snow.
Take Advantage of All of the Photo Opps
There are plenty of areas throughout the park designed for you to capture the memories with friends and family during your visit.
New This Year
Carriage Rides are available for an additional fee. You might remember them from previous Winterfest decades ago as a kid.
If you looking for a VIP experience you might be interested in Jack Frost’s luxury Igloos that allows groups of 4 to take advantage of concierge services, reserved seating for select shows, an event host, Souvenir Hot Chocolate Mugs, a complimentary ice skating or carriage ride session, a cookie decorating session at Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen and special surprises from Mr. Frost.
How to Save on Winterfest Admission at Kings Island
Buy your tickets in advance online and you can save $13 vs. purchasing your ticket at the front gate.
November 30- Dec 2
December 7-9, 14-23, 26-31
5-10 pm each night
New Year’s Eve 5pm -1am
- Friday, November 23rd: Opening Night Tree Lighting at 6:00p.m.
- Friday, December 21st: Ugly Sweater Day. Tickets are only $19.99 when you wear an Ugly Sweater!
- Monday, December 31: New Year’s Eve Family Celebration
You can find additional information on the Kings Island website.
Disclosure: I’m a Kings Island Ambassador which means that I share my love for the park and enjoy perks and behind the scenes access.
Additional Kings Island Articles
Save this post for later. Pin the image below>>