As someone who grew up in the Cincinnati Metro area, Winterfest at Kings Island was a holiday event that I looked forward to every year.
A few years ago, I was pleasantly surprised that King Island Winterfest exceeded my expectations with its return after a long hiatus.
This year you will discover that Winterfest is continuing to expand offering more entertainment and adventure options for the whole family.
I’m a Kings Island Ambassador which means that I share my love for the park and enjoy perks and behind the scenes access.
I normally enjoy all of the thrill rides during a regular park visit but for Winterfest, I honestly just enjoyed walking around observing all of the pretty lights and taking in the shows.
This year you will notice that Winterfest has a larger footprint in the park creating more areas to explore and enjoy.
Holiday Themed Shows at WinterFest
There are 16 shows for guests to enjoy located throughout the park both inside and outside.
I would recommend lining up about 15 minutes before the show begins for preferred seating at the Kings Island Theater. The Sounds of the Nativity and the drummers were my favorites this year.
*Check the Kings Island App for showtimes so that you watch as many performances as possible as you explore the park.
You Can Still Use Your All-Season Dining Plan During WinterFest
There are 20 restaurants available for guests and many of those still have dining plan options for Season Pass holders who have the All Season Dining Plan.
*You can grab a list of all of the All Season Dining options as you enter the park.
Dine with a View at the International Restaurant Winter Buffet
Warm-up inside while dining from the best view in the park at the International Restaurant located near the park entrance.
You’ll Want to Try the Gourmet Hot Chocolate
If you want a unique hot chocolate option make sure that you check out the Candy Lane Store on International Street where they serve gourmet hot chocolate in Beast souvenir mugs.
*I would suggest bringing a backpack to store extra hats and gloves and ask the cashier to wrap up your souvenir glass once you have finished drinking it so that you don’t have to carry it in your hand all night.
Try the Blue Hot Chocolate
Visit Blitzen’s Hot Chocolate Bar on International Street featuring Kings Island’s famous Blue Hot Chocolate as well as a variety of hot specialty drinks and snacks.
Refillable Winterfest Souvenir Mug
There are 16 locations throughout the park where you can purchase hot chocolate. If you purchase a Winterfest souvenir hot chocolate mug you get free refills on your first visit.
You can get $1 refills when you bring back your mug the rest of the Winterfest season.
*The souvenir mugs from the previous Winterfest year do not apply for the refills.
You Can Still Go on Rides at WinterFest
There are 19 rides for guests to enjoy this year.
Thrill Rides Open During WinterFest
- Mystic Timbers
- Flight Of Fear
Little Kids Will Love These Rides at WinterFest
- Joe Cool’s Dodgem School
- Linus’ Launcher
- Peanuts 500
- Sally’s Sea Plane
- Snoopy vs. Red Baron
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies
- Woodstock Gliders
- The Great Pumpkin Coaster
- Boo Blasters on Boo Hill
- Character Carousel
- Charlie Brown’s Wind-Up
Non-Coaster Thrills at WinterFest
- Shake, Rattle & Roll
- Grand Carousel
Rides For All Ages
- Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad (The 12 days of Christmas song plays during your ride)
- There are 30 special holiday Characters Spreading Christmas Cheer throughout the park
Go Ice Skating at WinterFest
To guarantee your preferred time slot, purchase your Snow Flake Lake Ice Skating tickets in advance online and go ahead and fill out the waiver to save time.
*Ice skating is an additional fee
More Things to Do at Winterfest
- International Street welcomes you with millions of dazzling lights and lavish displays of holiday grandeur. It is home to Snow Flake Lake, one of the area’s most impressive ice skating experiences.
- Candy Cane Lane is a delightful walk on the sweet side with larger than life décor that’s perfect for a family photo.
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Town at Planet Snoopy features extra special activities with America’s favorite beagle and the whole PEANUTS Gang.
- Tinsel Town amazes with shows from The Mistletones, plus shopping and dining. Enjoy a festive atmosphere surrounded by holiday tunes, a vintage aluminum tree, and the occasional snowfall.
- Coca-Cola® Polar Bear Plaza is the hot spot for cool interactive games, family fun and selfies with the Coca-Cola® Polar Bear.
- WinterFest Way embraces guests with warm displays of soft, ambient holiday lights.
- Artisan Village offers one-of-a-kind crafts and gifts handmade by local artisans.
- Coney Elf Village spotlights Santa’s busy workshop where mischievous elves work and play. Gather around to watch brilliant lights dance to festive holiday music.
- Rivertown Wonderland transports you to heart-warming holidays of yesteryear with traditional sights, sounds, and experiences.
- Action Ice Zone is a winter wonderland of all things ice and snow.
Take Advantage of All of the Photo Ops
There are plenty of areas throughout the park designed for you to capture the memories with friends and family during your visit.
Relax Inside Jack Frost’s Luxury Igloos
If you looking for a VIP experience you might be interested in Jack Frost’s luxury Igloos.
Groups of 4 can take advantage of concierge services, reserved seating for select shows, an event host, Souvenir Hot Chocolate Mugs, a complimentary ice skating or carriage ride session, a cookie decorating session at Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen and special surprises from Mr. Frost.
Kings Mills Antique Autos
Guests can travel along a scenic, holiday-decorated route in 2/3 scale Model T replicas.
International Street is decorated beautifully and the Royal Fountain is converted into an ice skating rink. The lights have never looked brighter at the park’s main entrance.
Don’t miss the many Christmas card moments, and if you stick around long enough, you might even enjoy a brief snowfall.
Festhaus has been decorated for the holidays, including the Oktoberfest building’s main entrance. Enjoy the classic Glockenspiel has it performs to favorite holiday songs.
How to Save on Winterfest Admission at Kings Island
Buy your discounted Winterfest tickets in advance online and save vs. purchasing your ticket at the front gate.
- Friday, November 24: Opening Night Tree Lighting at 6:00p.m.
- Sunday, December 31: New Year’s Eve Family Celebration
More Information on Kings Island WinterFest
You can find additional information on the Kings Island website.
Additional Articles About Kings Island
- How to Make the Most Out of Your Visit to Kings Island With A WinterFest Bucket List
- How to Visit Kings Island with a Special Needs Guest
- Everything you need to know about dining at Kings Island
- 10 Fun Things for Non-Riders to Do at Kings Island
- Why I Bought the All Season Dining Plan at Kings Island
- What You Need to Know About Winterfest at Kings Island
- Non Scary Adventures for Families at Kings Island in the Fall
Save this post for later. Pin the image below>>