Don’t let autumn slip away without trying a few of these fall bucket list activities and adventures. I’m sharing family-friendly adventures to cross off your list.
1. Go pick apples
2. Jump in a pile of leaves
3. Go on a hayride
4. Go canoeing or kayaking
5. Attend a fall festival
6. Climb a tree or take it to the next level with extreme tree climbing
7. Bundle up and gaze at the stars
8. Go horseback riding
9. Go to a corn maze
10. Take a bike ride on a scenic trail
11. Launch an apple or try target practice in the woods
12. Eat a caramel apple
13. Paint a pumpkin
14. Get crafty and try to make something seasonal using sites like Pinterest
15. Implement the “candy tax” if you take your kids to a lot of Halloween/ Harvest events. That means mom takes a cut of the loot.
16. Try a pumpkin spice or seasonal apple drink or dessert
17. Bribe your kid to put on that adorable costume that is too small just one more time. The 5 minutes of cuteness is worth it.
18. Go pick out a pumpkin and paint or carve it
19. Try a themed fun run like the “run like hell” 5k
20. Do a nature scavenger hunt on a hike
21. Visit a local farm
22. Try geocaching
23. Have a chili cook-off with friends
24. Take a trip to the zoo, drive-thru safari, or an animal park.
25. Go camping or glamping in a treehouse or a covered wagon
26. Host or attend a costume party
27. Take a nature hike and take pictures of the beauty
28. Attend a family harvest festival or Pumpkin/Halloween themed event
29. Make a bonfire and eat smores
30. Eat a cider donut
31. Drink apple cider
32. Watch or attend a football game
33. Take a day trip to a small town you’ve never been to
34. Take a walking tour of your city
35. Bundle up and see a drive-in movie one more time
36. Go to Art prize. Here is why you should go.
38. Find a few crazy friends and dress up like zombies. We helped at the zombie dash 5k. ( It was for charity …. and a cider donut)
39. Take a fall family picture
40. Find a farm or event with one of these amazing bouncing pillows and bounce on it. Your day will improve dramatically.
Did I forget anything? Leave a comment and let me know what’s on your fall bucket list.