Dinner and a movie can be a nice date …..but every now and then it’s fun to think outside the box by trying something new together.
I’ve created a list of some of my favorite extreme and unique date ideas.
These could be fun first date adventure ideas or great adventure challenge date ideas to encourage you to get outside of your comfort zone.
1. Try a “new to you” restaurant
Go to a restaurant that you both have never been to before.
I like to do a little research by checking with a few friends who are bloggers and also from websites.
Step out of your comfort zone and try a cuisine that you normally wouldn’t eat.
2. Take a Tour
I love taking tours. I think they can be such a great date.
There are so many out there that you can find one for almost any interest level.
You don’t have to go far. I’ve taken so many tours that I even created a specific category on the blog main page specifically for them.
Ride Segways because once you ride one, you won’t care how nerdy you look.
3. Go to a Museum- Art, History, Sports or a random oddity.
Explore a museum that you don’t know very much about.
4. Go snowshoeing, Skiing, or Snowboarding
Try a new winter sport together and spend the day on a winter sport that you both enjoy.
5. Go to a Shooting Range
Mix things up with Target practice at a local shooting range.
6. Go Geocaching
7. Play a Round of Frisbee golf
Enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise with a game of frisbee golf.
8. Snow Tubing at a local sledding hill or resort
All the fun of sledding without the work.
9. Go Zipling
(I have a whole category on the homepage dedicated to places to zipline)
10. Take a Dance lesson
11. Explore a Cave
12. Try extreme tree climbing with harnesses
Climb as high as you want without the fear/risk of falling.
13. Try stand up paddleboarding
Test your balancing skills on a SUP board.
Spend some time on the water as fast or as slow as you want to.
15. Watch a sporting event
16. Try a new outdoor activity like Footgolf
A combination of soccer and golf.
17. Go to the Drive-in
Mix up movie night by going to the Drive-in instead.
18. Visit an Amusement Park
Face your fears on a thrill ride or enjoy the nostalgia of a classic.
19. Try the trapeze
Take your date to the extreme by taking a trapeze lesson.
Get up close to your favorite animal with an ethical animal encounter.
21. Take a couples massage
22. Go for a bike ride
23. Go for a Hike
24. Go Horseback riding
25. Watch a Horse Race, take a Unique horse farm tour, or watch an Early morning practice for racehorses
27. Go to an Indoor Trampoline Arena
28. Play Laser Tag
29. Try Lawn Bowling
30. Ride Go Karts
31. Watch a Car Race
32. Participate in a Themed Race
33. Take an Intro to Curling Class
34. Go Ice Skating
35. Dine and Play at Top Golf
36. Go Fishing
37. Go to an Observation Tower for another view of the city
38. Go Axe Throwing
39. Play a round of Fling Golf
40. Go on a Train Ride
Enjoy the scenery at a relaxing pace during a train ride.
41. Take a Cooking Class
42. Visit an Indoor waterpark
43. Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride
Did I leave anything out?
Let me know and comment below.
Pin it for later>>